If I were smart...

 I had some ideas I would like to work out. I have not the ability nor do I have the education that others have, but I can still imagine and I see nothing wrong with that. I am able to come to reasonable "terms", for instance, I was delighted when I saw the author of a program state that Paul Durac's equation was able to predict a lot of free flowing "stuff" in the universe, and that the colleagues and himself were all, "but noooo, this cannot be, it's all black out there." (20:00-30:00) This was intriguing to me who after my little run in with the cosmos made the error of telling someone that we are in a cloud of radiant light. Although Durac's proof and my light are termed differently, I believe that I was on to something and that my ability to picture things in the cosmos is way cooler than knowing how to call it by the right name. But I digress, I am preparing you, by way of my lowering my speech to sub college levels, for this doozy. Are you ready for my ultimate in self shaming? Here goes nothing.

I am looking forward to trying to investigate and negate the belief in material determinism as I can no longer believe in materialism on account of I believe that it is now to be proven an illiterate stance. Of course, I could be embarrassingly wrong, because you know, the ability to determine something doesn't always come from the wrong place. As I now believe though that material is from somewhere else, say God, and that the other part is this vacuum, the materialists, mostly aiming at being atheists, might have gone off on a tangent. I did not even look at this before I came here :D

After a quick walk down Wikipedia Lane,

This is my problem with determinism, it is a real thing aside from the fact that it doesn't include important variables. Why is a variable in itself. The question why? is a real thing, as real as light or dark or a cookie. Why exists. It exists more than a cookie because while only some humans eat cookies, all humans want to know why. And without why we cannot ask questions, not questions about whether our brains are just simple matter and whether concepts and spirits and consciousness are significant, which we know they are, but other questions, like why we have become ill. If we are determined and random, why must we know that we can make ourselves better? Why not just die? 

Now from my reasoning about the existence of life from another place, a heaven, it would seem that materialism and determinism are good concepts, and they are. But they aren't everything. The truth is that no matter the microscope or telescope, we still cannot and will not touch the very valid wonder of consciousness. 

Two of the scariest words ever?

We know.

This is where William James picks up. He would tell us about free will. He will be among the newbies in adopting these new views of the mind and its underlying and hidden parts. He will be able to show us where the knowing lays dormant in the minds of men, only to be brushed by a hair and form into a rage in the torments of the once wonder minded child, now a stricken, humiliated and diseased man from the depravity we call life, and so it is for many. 

But for some still, it is a victory, a triumph of beauty over madness that is unconscionable. It is love and light and life. It is wonder and extraordinary beyond calculation.

And yet still to some, only a matter of piles and piles of files ....

Comments