Chopin!

 There are so, so many Chopin playlists on YouTube that to share a link would be silly. I have been listening to classical music for the last few day and it has been a very good experience for me physically, as it takes my minds attention away from thing that are bothering me and helps me to see into a more beautiful dimension of human civilized behavior. I am a better person when I am listening to Chopin.

I enjoy Bach a lot as well, and Beethoven and Mozart, but this new artist has made me very happy because his ideas about note placement are just what the doctor ordered. I can safely say I know nothing about music, although someone who I was recently interested in wrote a treatise on music theory which I think may have been Aristophanes, if he measured the Earth. Otherwise, I hope I took a screenshot. These things are important, you know. A lot of musicians are fairly vocal about the importance of music, one saying that it was proof of the divine. I am fond of dancing, too!

Many times when I was a young girl I faked a science project about the use of music to help plants grow. Now that I am older, and had two children in Georgia where one governor gave all us mom's a bag with special goodies including a classical music tape to take home for our babies, I know this to be truly good for us. But last night I went ahead and looked it up and do you know what? Because of the computer and a whole generation gap, I finally got to see how my experiment really worked! It is a vibration that comes from certain lower toned, less abrasive music like jazz and classical. Plants like this music and it helps them to thrive. The article also prescribes no more than 3 hours a day.

I was just now having an off moment and started to om, kind of instinctually. I thought about this "sacred syllable and considered the truth of the matter. It wasn't even a week ago that I was treated to some brown noise from a Calm app advertisement. 

I am not one to argue with the divinely inspired, and certainly not results! Happy listening! 

Comments