The Aftermath: My Existential Friday

 Yesterday I was sitting in bed propped up in my normal spot against the wall by my paint stand. It also has books but it is my little art project shelf, with paints and brushes and glitters and glue. I had these wonderful ideas about having notecards in a little basket with pens so I could write on them little notes that pertain to my reading, I love studying stuff, I am certain I have a calling for research. And then they can collect in books or what have you, my great project fell by the wayside. It would be nice if your whole family liked to read.

Unbelievably and most unfortunately, I had this little scare that everyone wants to call anxiety, but I'm calling, "better safe than sorry", a lot of shoulder pain and some numbness, and then of course Lisa Marie Presley passed away of a heart attack, a week after Diamond and Lace, so I decided not to get up for a couple of days. Here I sit, hand on the telephone, my cell phone that is, and I had a blast just Facebooking all morning with a group that calls themselves existentialists, something I am barely capable of keeping up with right now, but had the privilege of reading some pretty great quotes this morning about scientism, something I know little about as well, but gather it is a sort of all science view of the world with little reason thrown in.






https://www.themarginalian.org/2021/08/17/annaka-harris-conscious

As I am sitting here again today, pondering things as I do, one of the things crosses my mind from my college days. Well, it was a little less of a flight of fancy than that, more like a "that's right, sis" kind of moment. I'm Pinteresting, and this woman has on a t-shirt that says we should all be feminists. But being this conservative by upbringing and liberal by conscience in some instances, I kind of have to take a moment to sort it out, you know, kind of like when someone in your family is fighting with someone else in your family and you don't know how to take sides? Kind of like that. 

So, being a believer in women's rights, from a purely historical and not radical perspective, I am sorting out the details. And I think about men and the way they think of women, and their power-hungry ways and their pattern of isolating women from certain inalienable rights, which it has been famously proven are not necessarily always suited for only men. Of course, women have the burden of childbearing, but they also have the means sometimes for proper help. Elizabeth 1 and Victoria ruled England and it didn't hurt anyone, in fact, those times were times of great gain for the English. We will not look at that anymore. This is about being philosopher., ech hem...

I saw a meme this morning it said, there are now philosophy teachers and no longer philosophers. I thought that was a conspicuous example of the times in which we live. I started to look to the past for examples of the tyranny of men over women, my favorites were the days when women were forced to go to jail with their husbands, or when men were allowed to use corporal punishment against their wives. But there is an underlying current, that moves below this seeming river of continuity. This is going to get deep now, no pun intended. As we humans in our self-motivated look at the past see the linear perspective of our interactions with social norms, we tend to be impressed by things in a sort of spotlight/highlights way. We see the major events, but the big picture escapes many because, as was brought to my attention via my Marginalien writer, who I feel is deserving of some recognition btw, people like to see themselves. But this faster undercurrent, this sort of jet stream, which is the true nature of things, we will focus on this scientifically someday just for fun, is the real underbelly of the problem. It is not that men are hateful to women, per se. It is that men have "the urge to control and dominate", as an article on rapists points out. This is the worst manifestation of the tyranny of men over women. But the tyranny of men over men is the same. It is manifested in racism, in slander, and especially in war. Men want to rule other men.

It occurred to me then, that while I am just starting on my little run down the course of existentialism lane, I can start to resurrect my philosophical side. One that starts to see the manifestation of the underlying rules, (almost like science's laws of gravity), of mankind. I believe that justice, like some believe that love, lives. And in this same arena, are things that are impressive to the human character. Men's tyranny is one. It was to me seen in this very simple scenario. It is easy for men to see their error in judgement when they have a problem with alcohol or drugs. But it is not as easy to see when you have a problem with tyranny. But it is a law of men's natures, covered as if these scientific laws, that some are by nature consumed by cravings of ferocity. This nature has been one which has its feet in the undercurrent. It is the basis of many religious tenets. That there exist such underlying laws of the nature of men leads them to religion, to brain research, to useless antagonistic tyrannical backfirings. 

I would like to go and read now some more wonderful articles. I want to ask these seriously educated people on this existentialist site to inform me more of this hierarchy of the failures of men which are built into them. It should be so obvious. I was seriously taken aback by the idea this afternoon of the things which we cannot see in ourselves simply because their is no physical manifestation. The complexities of life lie in these things.

 I think it goes along with something I've said only these past couple of days. It's funny, people call religion a crutch, but it is there for a great purpose. As long as we are capable of vices and evils, we need direction. This beacon is no small thing. That some would risk, dedicate their lives to fulfill the hope of the lost is the antithesis to this manifest true crutch of mankind. That we can become unchained by these things by the power of their opposition is kind of intriguing to this mind. I am all for the use of a system of redemption.

Comments