Titles

 Titles, they're very important. 

Just a few that came to mind one day:

I've had worse PMS than this

An unpopular sorrow

She knew what she was doing

I'm feeling very 1984 about Wikipedia

Of course, the last one is a blog title.

 Last night I was looking at my old book Great American Short Stories, and one author's work sort of caught my eye. I was leafing around in it and sort of skimming all the different lines. One story I had read before, I decided it wasn't that bad. And then an old one I had loved. I kept saying about another, I gotta read this one, this one looks great. And then of course I looked up the author. He was pretty popular with other writer's. I would say it was because of the time when he lived, but they said on his wiki page that he had been the pseudonym of a fella named Earnest Hemingway in high school, the name he used was Ring Lardner with a "jr." added to the end. I do not think it hurts that he lived in the early 20th century during the pulp writing era.

I was feeling a little puffed up at my choosing him as a favorite. I had just finished putting little pencil checks next to the authors I had never heard of, and I went through and looked up two of them just to see how popular they were by comparison. I was puffed up.

But interestingly, I was able to find something kind of anecdotal in this search to add to my blog I started. One of the writers I decided to read about had a singularly famous title listed as one of her few works. The title, "The heart is a lonely hunter" was made into a movie by the same name, and was borrowed from the poem "Lonely Hunter", and was thought of by the writer's publisher. 

When I used to visit the bookstore when I was younger, I used to stare up at and read the titles of famous works that were decorating the place, and I was super stoked about a guy named Earnest Hemingway, who I read twice. Incidentally, I was looking at the beautiful trees today and they were so lovely towering over me and I totally hit a big branch in the road. Careful there. Anyway, I wasn't always thrilled at his writing, although I did think "'A moveable feast' was pretty sick. Anyway, I will share the titles, k?

I am adding a new one-

The Title King

There's some kind of play on words there... Here is a photograph of Mr. Hemingway's works.



p.s. if you reread the last line you will see how I wrote "there" twice in a sentence, how confusing is language? But we know how to use it.

 



Comments