At the bourgeois grocery

 Ooh la la! What fun it is! All the beautiful things to look at! All the tasty treats!

I want first to say a few things. First of all, bourgeois is long for bougie. Bougie doesn't sound as official as bourgeois. So we will stick to the longer, un-Americanised version. Also, I learned a while ago from Miss Manners that being middle class can have it's embarrassment in that there is a belief in being a little higher when in fact it's silly to count yourself higher,  and therefore behave stuck up, in that sort of common position. Being common is mean talk, but in fact middle class is the most common of all social standing in America, or in one place at 58% of the population. What other proof do you need? This is the silliness of being bourgeois, but then, it's the allure of it.

 I agree, I have ALWAYS said the benefit of being poor is the loosening of the chains of propriety.

Anyway, I have been blessed beyond measure to be able to spend long hours in my bourgeois grocery,  among other things, the patrons are well informed, helpful and fantastically interesting people. As well as the workers. I have learned tips, been given gifts, two kind ladies gave to me the very accessories that they were wearing! Been told wonderfully beautiful things, given the opportunity to be generous and receive generosity, what a thing it is to be bourgeois!

But now to move on to the special treats I have enjoyed! This week, I have become acquainted with the beauty of carnations! Have you heard of the raffine petit faye? Just one varotletynof carnation. I was amazed at the beauty of these supposedly common flowers! 



And I was introduced by one of my regular customers to the Chocolove XOXO bars, each which contains a love poem inside. I became emotional just typing about it. Tonight. after I had to have one, after indulging in a salted caramel bar, I had read a poem about telling loved ones that you love them before it is too late, a real heart strings player, which almost had me writing a full list of love letters to everyone I have ever loved instead of bourgeois grocery blog. Thank you very much!


I have enjoyed the white strawberries that taste like pineapples. Had the most delicious spaghetti ever, I sincerely hope you try out these bourgeois grocery products by the store brand's label. They're the best. I have the privilege of using the most wonderful make up products, (do try Gabriel) and smells, (Pacifica's jasmine perfume is wonderful,  same with Urban Cowboy's "Love" scent) I have eaten fresh veggies and fruits, chocolate covered gummi bears, dried sweet mango and chili mangoes, gourmet sweet pickles, varieties of granola, buffalo ranch cashews, overnight oats that taste like apple pie, new varieties of the juiciest apples, muffins with fresh sweet cranberries, earl grey ice cream!

...

Tonight a customer told me to put honey and butter over my acorn squash. I have many who suggest leeks in soup. Golden beets are terrific roasted. Did you know that black moon drop grapes are what they eat in India? Have you heard of daikon? Did you know you can pop popcorn in a paper bag? A customer taught me that! Juice fasts, oils for face, how to do keto? They spare me no great details. They compliment me, speak kindly, and teach me.



I love me some bourgeois! It is karmically contagioning my life with beauty. I am passing it  on to others.


Comments