Now isn't that special

Today I am 
writing about being a smarty pants. If I said that I had looked into this "greatness" a lot, and didn't say something about it, it wouldn't be me. I wanted to tell my makeup secrets, I wanted to write about burning smut. I wanted to write about skylarks, and saving the economy by creative enterprise. But not in any particular order.

My blog might be awful. Why can we not have breadth and depth? Because it's hard?


The theme then, for today, is doing reeaaalll gooood. I have a Leonardo Da Vinci book and he said some stuff that was questionable. So even super geniuses are fallible. Like, he thought worshipping the sun was smarter than religion, that's just weird. It's a freaking star. 

Anyway, I was driving along the road on my way to the grocery store. My love life is in shambles, have I said that ever? Omg, it is pitiful, so I have to try to focus, focus, focus on not losing sight of what interests me, so I am still awesome me without caring about, but I'm awesome!? I was reading this very, very awful little book yesterday. At first sight, in a paragraph, just one, it was kind of intriguing. It then did what so many stupid books and television programs do, it resorted to sex to be engrossing. Without being too open with my personal business, I must say, the last guy I thought I would like sort of started losing interest and I resorted to trying to be sexy. But why would a writer, knowing he's doing awful, resort to sex? Just fix that mess!

I was really mad, because, and I have said this before, I can't stand reading a book that demands too much of my attention towards the awesomeness of the writer. That's not why I read. So I decided that the book must be burned in effigy. But I didn't really know what burning something in effigy was, so I I had to look it up. 

Apparently, making a physical representation of a person who you are at odds with, political or historical, idk, and burning it is "burning in effigy". So I wanted to burn the smut, I thought it might be fun, and just burning the book would not be near enough, I would have to stuff a dummy with its pages and then do it. So now I needed a doll representing the writer stuffed with the pages of his awful book. 

And what compounded the awfulness of that book was that he was also considered a great 20th century writer. Detestable!

So I first was going to burn the pages in t-shirt material, but that wouldn't burn well. Then I was going to put it into a bit of newspaper. Seemed reasonable. My next hurdle was what to burn it in. I started to explain my problem to a coworker who said she has a fire pit so no problem for her burning whatever she wants. I am kind of strapped for cash, so I would like to either buy a metal basin, like they have in apple bobbing festivities, or in a kitchen pot. 

Kitchen pot lowering the meaningfulness to a bare minimum, I considered the idea of burning it in plastic, and this is where I got creative. You see, you melt plastic when you burn things in it. Adding rocks, creating a center for the heat ... but alas. 

So I am driving down the road. It is sunny. The sky is blue. There are young people walking. I am at a traffic light, just having had a "brilliant idea". I mean, it was alright. This little blonde girl with a cute little outfit and Converse All Stars crosses my path. She makes me feel self conscious of my brilliance. But I am a professional at smarts. So I have self-consciousness insurance. 

The idea that was kinda cool was spraying teflon onto the plastic to protect it from the heat. Of course plastic would need more than a spray of teflon not to melt. So I had to tweak my idea. And that is basically what being genius is. Tweaking.

So then I had to wonder about building the fire on rocks and centered again, but now I needed a heat propelling teflon substance in a spray can. This led to my other genius idea, because the economy is sort of screwy. I wanted to be able to buy my DIY fire pit at the Dollar Tree. 

I thought, wow, imagine if they had DIY project materials for $1.25 (because the Dollar Tree is now $1.25- $5) with instructions on good, better, best? Here's plastic, here's teflon. Here are rocks, here's a cheap metal grate, check out this roll of screen for a cover? This would make the Dollar Tree super fun. 

I work in a health food store with little manuals dangling aside essential oils with instructions for different uses on a little paper wheel. One being adding it to vodka for perfume. Who knew?

Anyway, people like to make Dollar Tree DIY projects anyway, this would be helpful for engaging people in more DIY, because if we are going to be needing to spend less for things, for instance, I am not buying a whole fire pit. Why not do it yourself, at your discretion, and make use of materials?

Poor people can go back to being crafters! What else could you make? I need to make one of those terracotta pot room heaters. I hate winter bills. 

In other news, I really want to write about makeup secrets. I gave myself 5 minutes to do my face before work the other day and it turned out marvelous. Why? Organization.

I have made use of my ipsy bags. Er, small makeup bags. I have like four of them in my purse. One has hair stuff, one has some floss and a little toothpaste and a tampon, etc. One has lipsticks and mascara, another blushes and brushes. I know where everything is. They are combined to get the job done. There's less in them so I can get to things quicker. 

I also have some tricks to share. I saw a woman online use a brown liner for the whole lid and a black liner at the corner of the eye. This looks great. I have two brushes in my bags, a brush with a fine line edge, a concealer brush, and a shadow brush for blending. The concealer brush works as a liner and brow brush. I can blend the brown liner across and under the lid and then slide it through my brows. 
 
My blending brush is small but full. It can be used on the eye or cheek. One sponge also important. For clean ups, line stretches, and blending. 

Recently, I have done artistic things. I would love to experiment with a colorful highlighter pallet. But in addition to mastering the color wheel,  which I have struggled with, I would like to share another unique tip. On my face are little things I find beautiful. Everyone has things uniquely them that can be enjoyed. 

But I, ... I like my forehead. Weird right? It has a sort of angled feature that I bring out with a bit of highlighter. I dust some golden pink over my boney head and it comes out looking kinda pretty.

Do you like your chin? Highlight it!

Also, as a last note, using a light concealer instead of highlighter in the corner of the eye is just as pretty and cleaner.

Skylarks? Buick skylarks ;) I was thinking about famous Mary's today, and remembered Mary Shelley again. I have to remember to buy a book of hers. 










Comments