The Ruler-Philosopher, the Ruler-Benefactors of artists, and the Great American Heroes

 I have an education and have thought recently about what that means. In example, a person who has a great intelligence may have an advantage over another person but isn't fully aware of the effects of that, unless talented in their ability to calculate those kinds of things. The same is true of being educated. 

So that had occurred to me and also that things that meant a lot in school shaped my education outside of school. 

I wanted to share a blog about my education as it could be a time capsule of an example of what had been important before a lot of changes happened in the world. And things continue to change. 

There are those who have been exposed to education and those who have taken it very lightly. I am one who was almost new to it when I was in college, having left school at 15 and been an absent minded and miserable child. At any time someone might have the same awakening I had when I went to school.

Anyway, today I was reconsidering the art of life, and religion. I thought about ignorance and the opposition, which is good reasoning and wisdom. And I read Leviticus and then Marcus Aurelius. I have left my reading to share some insights.

First I would like to say regarding the ignorant, in the bible, it says you should not call people ignorant or fools. Marcus Aurelius always spoke highly of those who were tolerant of others. In regards to peace, peace of mind, personal respect and dignity, it is important to regard all people with the same good. I tell my daughter who is a worker that when dealing with a nasty customer we never forget that WE are not nasty people. Very important. 

In acknowledging the ever present folly of mankind, and this sounds silly but it is actually very literal, we must take into consideration that a good number of people are indifferent, selfish, unjust and ignorant. It is important because it effects the history and translation of things as a whole. This was my main reason for writing. That the translation of important texts, the development of the Christian church, the evolution of society,  are all dependent on the goodwill and aptitude of selfish and limited mortal men. This is a grossly unconsidered aspect of existence that I have had a lifelong difficulty understanding. But it is our innate belief in the greater good which blinds us. I know this because even last week I needed to be reminded that every kind of human can fill any human role, that being a teacher or a preacher or police officer doesn'tmakeyoua sudden paragon. We expect they're all called by the divine. 

That said, and moving on, I want to look into, in the future, (my future), the minds of great men from different times. In the height of Rome after Christ, if true greatness is moral and just, the time of Marcus Aurelius would be interesting in juxtaposition with the time of the Medici, who were not as interested in morality but did a lot for art and the times weren't detestable. And then to examine the great characters of the American Revolution, who have similar dispositions of those in the Rome from above. And I want to do this because the ideals of these men were different,  and their existence was considered,  is considered, to be of the greatest in time, and their achievements and beliefs near perfect, and yet still varying widely. 

I will share my photos, anyway, and it will make my life richer to be able to take from these scenes, and when in my pitiful daily life, have these to reflect on. 

In no particular order -







Comments