I've been meaning to lighten it up a bit

The other day I was gifted a whole lot of things from a super shopper who goes through her belongings faster than you can say, "can I have that when you're done with it?" Which is great.

Did I say that I was in love with the idea of being in love? If I didn't, my friend once told me that. That misery just came over me and I almost mentioned it. Why this?

Phew, dodged me one.

Anyway, she gives me all these things, and its usually a ton of stuff . Since I am of the moral sort that cannot accept such a fine gift as this, I will nit pick through the bags and donate the rest to a charity not too far from me who has a voucher program. Gotta love giving! Especially when it is free to those who receive.

I have been receiving these packages from her and another couple people through the years, I have such a fine wardrobe and yet, I still manage to dress like one of those in the back of US Weekly, the poorly configured.

 It isn't that I can't dress myself. It is like my paintings. I am certain I am capable of painting beautifully! Something inside me insists that I am off. Some would say it is my rocker that I am off. But let us probe a moment deeper.

I have come to the realization that most of the time my problem comes from being unable to dress enough. It is like painting. I paint when I can, but when I find myself painting, it is a freeing experience, like being able to dance or having the chance to gallop in an open field. Similarly, I have a work uniform, so on a day when I get to wear clothes, and I love fashion and clothes, I want to dress up, even if that means looking like a circus clown.

Which is so funny because I find myself thinking sometimes about what people are wearing and am fairly critical. On a deeper level I don't care! And as a matter of fact, I love and am touched by people's little nuanced touches to their common thread. Ha, pun.

I enjoy myself more when I am not critical, that is why I am going on a sort of diet from noticing. No compliments, no looking, no interest of any kind in clothing. And I am absolutely going to try to be more boring.  




Comments