And now, on some heavy stuff

 Wendy Williams used to be one of my favorite tv talk show hosts. I remember her saying from time to time something about having a "friend in her head". She never mentioned that they spoke to her directly. I have a few of those myself, and this morning I did my good samaritan deed of the day by reporting some unfriendly comments made about William James on Wikipedia. After having done that, I was being proud of myself, and calling Mr. James a friend in my head. 

It is a good idea to have folks who you  align with so you have a reference for your most profound and deep intuitions and standards. Anyway, as I was thinking about it, I went on to read a lesser known work of his to catch up on him and he shared the same thought. He called it a "fancy". 

I was interested in this particular work because he has become a figure to me of moral and philosophical expertise, but he is also a major player in the foundation of modern psychology. This means a lot to me because mental health issues have plagued my family for generations, and 3 have had one very distinctive disease. 

p.s. I am reading this article and it occurs to me that the writers voice sounds so formal. Amd from time to time I have a similarly formal voice but also fall into silliness and slang and can find myself flling anywhere on the spectrum of personality and propriety. But it struck me as funny, like some bubbly, busty blond breaking out in baritone. Although I do think Britney Spears has that capability, and that's why she sings like she does, she fakes a high voice. 

Comments