When you find something REALLY COOL

 I haven't been blogging in a while because I bought a nice, adorably pink laptop last year and although I already can't use it, the short time I had it, its long keyboard stretched from here to there, spoiled me.

But I still have some of my same interests and I figure I may want to share this little ditty here.

A long time ago, at least 2 or 3 years or so, I was at the bookstore and doing my bookstore thing, walking up and down aisles grabbing four and five books to leaf through. That day I took a photo of the books and it came to be a cover photo on my Facebook. I had planned to buy the art book for my daughter Sarah for Christmas. This great women's art coffee table book.


Luckily, I had a reference photo for the book I regularly think about. It is called "Shortcuts" by Marcus Du Sautoy, a renowned mathemitician of Oxford University in England. And he took as material for his book, in one full chapter devoted to expertise, a major work by another professional educator, Christopher Chabris, who wrote a bit about the mind of someone who masters something and how this includes using additional components within the brain. 


I always wanted Mr. Sautoys book to get back into that topic. And I am glad I found the study that had inspired me.

Later, I found him again online in a history of mathematics video on YouTube which also inspired me by its introducing the concept of zero to me, its essence being space itself. I was so interested in that at the time. 

Space is the stuff of zero. 


Comments