You bore you!

I haven't written in ages, Good Gallops. Smarty two shoes, at it again, with more terrific tips pulled out the arse of The Marginalien.

Here we visit the unvisited life. All points for three quarters of the article are beautiful and insightful, and then its like dropping a shiny gold dollar into a damn drain on the road. 

Why? Because being insightful doesn't make your vision 20/20. Indeed, without the proper course, you veer off headlong into a tree.

Which is painful no matter what, and sometimes deadly. 

The fact that we are actually driven by want and need doesn't occur to us ever, it is possible that meeting our needs well has made our bored and melancholy lesser selves pop out into the open. Only now we see what we've been working with, (good God, I know someone somewhere had a mother like Forrest Gump!) a lot of desperate grasping at potentialities,  blah blah blah.... pointless morality, it's all meaningless!!!

That's where I was lost. And where everyone is lost really. I took the road less traveled by, I tell myself. I have become impossibly kinder, ridiculously motivated toward industriousness, incomparably daring at genius. My life feels "meaningless" when I'm ill and cannot force myself to clean, but it's only boredom, there's unlimited meaning all of the time.

I cannot stomach the idea that beings are hapless miserable aimless wretches. I don't like that. Many have become exhaustively influenced by the ideal of potentiality, but that's truly the mark of the time, and the destination our writer did not succeed in arriving at. 

Potentiality is all children are to loving parents, in every age. How much was Alexander the Great doted on if his parents had him tutored by Aristotle, among other things? And from my reading and studying, great minds have always had the nutrients of healthy parents to bring them into their fullness of being.

I dote on children whenever I see them, only because they're small and cute. They don't have to become anything for a long time.

I love Ms. Popova and never tire of her articles.  They have that daring liberality which leaves you with much to critique!





Comments