My bucket list, a "things I want to do" list

 This is my list of things I would like to do before I never ever get a chance to do them. Sort of wrong to call it a bucket list when it is a list of things I may need strength and a strong physical body to accomplish, let's make that apparent right away.

Ready?

1. Batting cage, hit balls

2. Jump from cliff into water

3. Climb a big tree (this idea came from my passing a very, very full tree this summer, it has been the kind of summer that has necessitated the proper hired hands to clear the long full boughs from over the sweeping roads of Hotlanta, the dark green of the trees this summer is like a rain forest, full and healthy, strong and mighty, robust with life. -It never got funny.- I saw this tree and thought it would be funny to hide there because people wouldn't see me. There is an actual road sign in a tree about two miles from my house that my son points out every time we pass. He tells us its still there, and I just saw it recently, but missed it for perhaps years.) 



4. Try on a wedding gown (while I still look like a bride)

5. Go to a track meet wearing sharp studded cleats, run slow and winded for others entertainment

6. Finish four short stories

7. fall in love at least once more

8. have an adult picnic at night in a field with a telescope, romance is not necessarily required, but a little wine or champagne and a picnic basket, yes. And a field. And extra dry, no brut.

9. learn to do the splits

er... I would love to show people the error of their ways, lol

10. run short distances

less bucket list things to do? 

1. go to a nightclub and dance like I am 20 without some weirdo trying to grab me

2. finish a few of my books I love

3. send books to Leslie, Keteri, and Bettye the little prince, 35 church doctors, an awesome biography 

4. visit old people and dying people

5. give Christmas gifts and trees to people in jail

6. brighten the homes of very poor and frail people

7. have a party, maybe a Bollywood fest or Tennesse Williams fest






Comments