I wanted to be a genius...

ome failed attempt

 It's true. I was one of the people I make fun of. Not that I have the right, I'm god-awful, truly retarded, a waste of space even. I wanted to be a genius and not for any real reason, except when I was young I thought, hey, I could come up with that. And that was after reading Frued and I am pretty sure there will be a day sooner than later when we all agree that he was the one who needed to be analyzed.

Anyway, that isn't the point of all this. The point of this is to realize my dream, even though all if not more than the above is true. I was having a hard time focusing on being a good person this evening. Overcome with feelings of intense boredom with life, I decided to counteract the attack with good old boring science. Because, in a sort of complex and paradoxical way, the boringness of the one is cancelled by the boringness of the other, or else, I find things exciting that are boring. Maybe I want to be bored? I think I needed to be bored. That is a private matter. 

It occurred to me that I am completely engrossed in the Quora answers on people's IQ's. Nothing gets me going like someone talking about how smart they are. So I went there and decided that something about Newtons IQ was going to help me to get through this sensational attack of the idleness. In fact, I have since become a Newtonian genius and had to come here right away to make a proper show of my talents.

So, first I had to completely mess up and say that Newton was responsible for recording ellipses, because some guys were having an actual interesting argument, where the one guy said, and is coming up on a photo I captured, something about how brilliant Newton was and then another guy rebutted him brilliantly. But I was already sort of in with the first guy and was trying to stay with him so I messed the whole thing up trying to sound smart. What a loser.

The first guy "Newton genius. He know what right when no one had access to info like now." 

This is true.

Second guy "Newton was in a laser focused moment of history"

Okay, that is also true. 

So I mention his discovery of ellipses, which was Kepler. Who the hell is Kepler?

Turns out some other guy came along and said he saw the planets moving around in a weird way, and measured it. Then Newton said something about it, must have thought the weird shape looked cool or something. Called the phenomenon "gravity".

So then I read it and I decided that neither of them are particularly amazing, the second guy is the genius. The. second. guy. 

In fact, if my calculations are correct, if we were to quantify all the information and enter the data into a bar graph, we would be able to see a pattern that is invariable in human creation, in the genius and in the invention, it would look more like a flat plain than a mountain range, although it would have its mountains, but, if standing from a distance, the mountains would peak in such a way as to create the illusion of a horizon

Basically, Newton stands out, but that's just relative to his invention, not how genius he was. He didn't do a lot of the work. Living now, with unimaginable access to unimaginable things, there is more genius and greater things at work, so it kind of makes it seem less extraordinary. My idea had more to do with the similarities between invention and genius, but you know how that goes. You have a brilliant idea about a. and b. and go to write it down and all you remember is a. and b. 

It doesn't seem so incredible to be able to come up with extraordinary things from our perspective. People are so interested in these theories of geniuses like Einstein and Newton and yet people are doing things  mathematically, chemically, inventing and processing etc., and no one knows who the hell they are! I think gravity and relativity are great, but so is air conditioning and pasteurization. 

 I have to show my guy Vonnegut's diagrams, and then my pictures, then maybe I will remember what my genius was. Something about the genius of a single human vs the genius of human discovery. Those things are natural occurrences, but it was and has continued to be about how it is one great progress. That seems to come to me sometimes. 

Interesting too is how another guy said that IQ tests can be incorrect because of the inability of the subpar mind to create and gauge the minds of these geniuses. He said IQ scores from block tests can be computationally wrong because in the mind of certain geniuses their incredibly right way of handling the problem lowers IQ scores.

See pictures:



... anyway, I think bar graphs are the next big thing.






Comments