Freaks and Geeks

 Real fast. I was on Facebook and there was some old TV or movie thing which  reminded me of my curiosity about the origin of the geek. I really didnt think it had been an old tradition, I thought it had popped up in the last century. 

Well, I am reading about the library at Alexandria today, the one that is long gone, and the writer has expressed that people became odd, eccentric and withdrawn, suspicious and jealous after a while of study of what books they had, "none obscure enough" as he put it. 


Perhaps some things are intrinsic to mankind. I was so disappointed that I couldn't ask the writer where he got his information. This geek thing is one of my things. This and fashion, I could have written theses on these ideas!

One day I swear I am going to write about clothes and how people are really pretty darn interesting about their clothes. 

And how nerds are a part of certain times, like pirates and warriors.

Comments