Infintesmals

 I am a dork. I mean that in a 21st century kind of way. You know, I don't always talk about the few ideas that are dreams of mine, for writing, for life, but one of my dreams was to say that a dork was a product of the 20th century. That was before I read in 2018 or so that the folks hanging around at the library at Alexandrea were kind of weird and pale-like. Something akin to the dork. 

I also wanted to chart birds and write about fashion. There. All my dreams laid bare.

I was watching the history of math, don't everyone run for the Youtube at once, and on it I saw really neat stuff! First, I am fairly interested in things in a metaphysical sense. Not in a crystal wearing, tarot reading kind of way, in a more historicity and truth exposed kind of way. So I watch the history of mathematics and I get real excited about the way Pythagoras discovers octaves, and shudder at the way he drowns some guy because he lets it slip that there are things called infinitesimals, even though the Babylonians have it written out on a giant tablet 1000 years before that stands till this very day. Smart people, pfft.

I am excited, right, so I came to talk about what happened in China. In China, after they drown that poor guy, and after Archimedes the designer of weapons of mass destruction is killed by a Roman soldier on a beach for writing in the sand and not leaving the beach RIGHT AWAY, (cross check with Wells) and after Hypatia was thrown into a church and murdered for her dastardly mathematics, in China they made a whole new thing called a decimal. They didn't know it yet and they just had a space where this common thing we call zero goes, but they used it on the rods.

This is where it gets good. Good for me anyway, because I have a silly little hobby I call "Playing genius" and part of my supposed genius is my belief in a thing called void. The Greeks didn't believe in it, but I think the number zero which represents nothing is completely necessary and I am happy to add it to my little discoveries because as I have stated, I believe the void is necessary.  


Comments