On Ezekiel
Today I read some from Ezekiel, it was the first reading all last week. I tried to maintain my faith on "Man cannot live on bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God".
The Catholic bible had all kinds of fruitful information, as in they have these saints and scholars who have led them through to this millennium. Although, haha, my biblenis 20th century edition.
Anyway, close enough.
We have so much foreknowledge. I was excited to realize that two sticks were a part of that book, and then the mention of the two spirits in the opening notes on the book explained that it was preparation for the coming of Jesus, a spirit directly from God, one of grace.
That was neat. Then by chance, after dwelling over it quite a bit, I happened on two branches. The lesser story is that I found one of them in the tree, God only knows how it got there, from the bush yesterday, that was odd. Today was when I found another large one.
The better story was that I was led to another one.
The coolest thing happened then. I was sitting there imagining the scattered people, the Jews, who were one from God to be gathered, and then with my large branch, I thought of how the many were from Abraham afterall, amd this little laugh erupted from within, which was so cool, like I was Sarah and Isaac had been my son. Obviously not, but the illustration I will give you will help you see. The Jews are a small people scattered over the earth. The Christians are a large people scattered over the earth.




Comments
Post a Comment