A return to Sunday

 It's been literally months since I have actually taken up the key board. (Those two paragraph blogs don't count!) It's so small here on my phone that my thumbs are stiff and I fear I have carpal tunnel. No matter! Let's return to this actually really important discovery I had made not long ago involving Jesus and Mary of Bethany. 

She had been promised fame by Jesus in two of the four gospels which had made mention of it. One of the most important things to me in these past several months of learning had been the development of the idea that smarter people, more successful people and people who achieved renown were people with a greater belief in God. I was at the library this past month and found a book on genius by Harold Bloom in which he made a similar statement, including some transcendentalist from the American lot, which in turn opened up an entire division of devotees to this little known belief that success is in equal proportion to a man's faith. Faith is a great predictor of success, if not faith in God, at least in one's self. But, serendipitously, it seems to crown the head of those who are our loftiest minds. Sort of goes along with it.

So, as one Sunday I sat contemplating Jesus bold statement, "I'm gonna make you famous" I discovered something truly awesome. 

And on another note, I was going to relay that sometimes my gut tells me that, "there's something there". I probably would have made a great journalist after all, but alas, I am only a waitress. But hey, who said waitresses can't discover great things? And so, I was quite taken by the idea that the King James Bible and Shakespeare are the two most quoted of texts, and that has to mean something. There's something there I say! 

As an addition to the meanigfulness behind that last statement, let me add that when studying the plague, I was sort of intrigued by the idea that comets played across the sky before the big event, and then looked into comets and surely there is something there as well. Perhaps where there is something most assuredly is where man has decided all was superstition. Yes folks, between reason, superstition and fantasy lies truth. It is an unfair world, filled with wonder, true unimaginable wonder.

Well, if I had anything else to say, I do not remember. I have a photograph that contains names and titles which will illustrate for anyone interested this whole belief in the faithful being ahead of the gang. But for me the problem is as simple as knowing in part may make a fine tale, but true wisdom, and success, comes from seeing the whole!





Comments