Fantasies of ancient humans

Last time I wrote, I spoke about Einstein and talked about how he was famously quoted as saying that we should tell our children bedtime stories. Or something like that. Increasing their ability, of course, to be interested in reading. Please stay tuned, in my blogs I frequently share overlooked information and clues from the worlds famous minds on how not to be a mo-ron.

I like to think about prehistoric times. It is one of the things I like. When I was a young girl, I was more interested in fantasizing about being in the more recent history, cooking with or making pottery things over fire, wearing simple clothes. Typical things.  

In my later years I imagine prehistory. I decided once that the world offers clues to us in order to help us find answers to problems. Foods that would remind us of the heart or blood are good for the heart and blood. The foods that remind us of the brain likewise. In this same vein, I have decided to look at other things, like how humans might have been able to glean from the green color of disease that it is a growth inside of them, as it is the color of plants. 

This kind of thinking has led me, from different ideas or inspirations backward in time, and many times, to the belief that humans have known things before and forgotten them. I have a friend who is an atheist and one of her arguments against the belief in God was that during Roman times there were a number of inventions forgot for centuries after the dark ages. Them being so called because they are shrouded in mystery, but also because human development slowed to a near halt because the religion of the world at that time was Christianity and it held back advancement due to silly superstition. Without going into the number of ways that could be wrong, let us decide instead that this kind of thing is common to mankind. Let's say instead that our race has a common development and  followed by breakdown, perhaps even a life cycle, (er ... that would be Hindu), and by sheer ignorance, as a baby who learns a new skill forgets one he has mastered, so mankind gets lost in his progress. 

I like to believe that we were once much more reverential to God. I've read only a little about Hindu, once an article explained that there are not the same forever after's in their religion as my own. Before I misleadingly guide us into this view of humanity, let us say quickly they believe that the cosmos has a cycle similar to the average person's understanding of reincarnation. I am apt to believe this on a more basic scale. Not in the heavenly hereafter, but as an entire race of beings. I am not one of those Christians that doubts Darwin, in fact, I think that there was primordial ooze. I think there were simple celled organisms, and I believe in a spark which ignited life and a spark for consciousness. Those two miracles suffice to make everything I have ever heard about God from the bible perfectly plausible. And I believe that humans build and breakdown, as the human body itself, their world around them. What I do not have the time, interest and find painful to imagine is that there might not be an underlying fabric that lasts throughout all eternity. I really like that idea.

Anyway, to get back to the utter failure of humans to maintain progress, let me say this. I believe that it is natural. And I believe that there may have been a time long ago when we were smitten with God in a way that may have paled in comparison to those of our modern times, fewer and further between, but that those who are of heroic and deeply religious constitutions are the kinds of people that God means to take delight in. If I were a creator, I would like to see my creations being the most magnificent that I am able to contrive. 

And so the next time you look at, say, a coconut, with its hairy head, consider that primitive man might have known somehow that the fat in it's flesh fed and made healthy the brain. Fats and nuts do that. Maybe I can find the article I read once about that online again. 90s article. In that one, schizophrenia was the typical primitive man's mental condition, and hunter gatherers were changed to more rational and intelligent beings by the fats they consumed from nuts. Please see walnut below.



Anyway, today's blog came from my wondering what a primitive person might make of the green of sickness in the body. And what if they knew for a long time that sickness grew like the miracle of the sprouting seed within the body? How do we forget things that are THAT IMPORTANT!?!? 

I cannot imagine  ; )



Comments