Write it on your heart

 I received a book for Christmas that is about the doctors of the Catholic Church. There are thousands of saints, but only 35 doctors. I like this, it is interesting to me what makes a person qualify for something that has only been given to 35 people in 2000 years. Only 3 women have held this distinguished position.

I have been thinking about ways to write the blog I am writing today. It is based on theology, but I am not a theologian. It came from one of my favorite verses and how it relates to Christian theology. The verse is from Deuteronomy, if you do not know, Deuteronomy is one of the first books of the bible, the blessings and curses are written in chapters, this is sort of the closing argument:


There was a woman who had a child with no arms and no legs on my Facebook wall, and after seeing this, it occurred to me that she had made a very definite decision to remain positive in the face of some extreme circumstances. 

It made me think of how, long ago, this child would have been a monster, and that was a sort of epiphany moment, reminding me of the above verse. We have the decision always to either find blessings or curses, in each moment.

At the same time, I had been dealing with a critical incident in my life that had me saying to one of the involved, "write it on your heart, 'I make mistakes'..." This is most important in the times we know, post the birth of Christ, where we have blessings and curses in our minds in more philosophical terms, not magic or miracle, but understanding that love is akin to blessing, and fear to curse. When we are fearful, we turn away from trust, or faith, which can be detrimental to ourselves. Mercy for yourself is the groundwork for being a compassionate person. I learned this from a friend whose self-love was created by what always seemed to me wise and healthy concern. 

Anyway, it made sense to me that love and mercy are always things that need to be addressed, and sometimes, in a moment, changed.

Here is another photo:



Comments