BRILLIANCE

 shiny shiny shiny (add photo)

The great writer can make something brilliant, can make it work, even though it's too much.

(hmm, sounds am., you can say just to much or you can say too, too much...I like too too much, sounds like we're dancing)

I had an idea about my men folk. everyone has a type supposedly, but I don't. i like about everyone. I am pretty sure the type thing is a lie. ugh, this opened a can of worms. I have been feeling like I am angry about the role women play. I believe that as men are fallible, and men run the world, they sort of build their little fallible construct of what women should be. This occurred to me when I was remembering the roles of the two women in "It's a Wonderful Life". The idea is common. I think it is a shame that women come in two kinds.

Anyway, and this kind of ties in to what I was going to write about. Perhaps I can try and write the idea out after I discuss it. I saw a guy on tv who had a type resemblance to one of the fellas I thought was cute in the past few years or so. I'm single so, every once in a while I will have a crush and that guy will have a bit of significance, and that will play itself out until he has left my life for good, but he will have a type place in my history until I forget. I suppose. 

Somewhere along the line it occured to me that I had wracked up a good bit of guys, so I felt a little like a flake, not that i should. But it was something to consider, in the ficial world, I was being kinda superficial. 

This is how my brain works. It isn't brilliant. It could be, if done up in ribbons or something. I started to think of them as if they were supposed to be the types representing each type of man. But that was absolutley silly, since there are really so many kinds of people. So then I decided that, since I should only have a certain amount of men who should have ever meant a thing to me (one, you succubus!), maybe each person should have a roy g biv of a history and all the little lesser images that cast the color back into your life should be a shade between. That should be an official rule. In which case I decided my rainbow was more like a shattered prism. 

I used to have a page in my journal from when I was in 3rd grade and older,  I still find a page in there every 5 or so years, that had the names of all the boys I liked. And can you believe I ripped it out because of my husband! Oh, what fun it is to look back amd reminisce!

Now I have memories and no names to go with them! Significance be gone!

I always thought of myself as the Mary type, and not the Violet. Poor violet though, was she never to get it together because she didn't end up with George Bailey? Didn't she have other guys? What gives, Violet?

hmmm, now what to write about prisms and rainbows?

I am currently reading a few books, Tolstoy is the, "What would your Dog's name be if it was the last author you read". I also have Death is a Lonely Business by Bradbury, whose name also would make a cool doggy name. This book is highly recommended if you're into the kind of brilliance that is shards of prism glass meaningless love affairs. It's not about love though, its a murder mystery.

hmm, and I meant to write two other blogs since I haven't written any, one about the meaningful people you meet briefly in life. This too can tie into this blog. Especially even. I will write it anyway, separately, but the idea was that these people made an impact and the contact was very brief. This would make a great thread on Facebook or twitter. It ties in because of course people make a lasting impression, and not all of it is romantic in 2020s fashion, but romantic in other times and places, just like the encounters themselves. You know, romantic people aren't lascivious, they are romantic!

I will have to look up what else I wanted to blog about, this one is kind of a jot. 


p.s. Tolstoy does not have the characteristic Russian voice I recognize in Dostoyevsky and Chekov. So far anyway.


Comments