Things I'm looking up.

 I was surprised to see that I wrote nothing about the Tennyson poem I read in a blog I wrote about it.  Read that again. Makes no sense.

Maybe because it's a morbid death poem, but it was almost October then, too. This morning I am Googling things. This. And also about Tennyson's greatness. I returned to the book where I read his poem, apparently he was great to others as well. I feel validated. He is considered one of the greatest poets, the line you will know from this poem is, "it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all".

I don't remember it now. The rhyme scheme was different. It was obnoxiously long. It was so beautiful.

Everything is beautiful lately. The weather is changing. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Falling leaves, the sun's lingering away. I've never been a fan of long days. I hope I will be wearing sweaters any day. Long sleeves even. I'm tired of being hot.

The poem is called In Memoriam. It's about loss and tells it pretty well. He'd lost a friend. I decided I am writing some short stories for Christmas, to give away as presents. They have kind of a loss theme. I lost three people since last November, my aunt, my uncle and my ex husband. I may be the only 41 year old around who has been twice widowed. Its been a very hard year. I am proud of myself for being fully functional. I am. Proud and functioning. 

Well, here are some great photos from the cemetary. I really wanted to make the Willie Sampler one my Facebook picture,  but it's probably in poor taste for a woman who calls herself a Christian. Also, the bit on my blog about losing my religion for a moment and the sandal comment were meant not as sacrilege, but more of irony. Anyway.











Comments